The Marathon Museum is housed in an original 1886 adobe building - the first schoolhouse in the area. Exhibits focus on Marathon’s settlers (Native American, Mexican, and Anglo), railroads, ranching, mining, business, mercantile, industry, banking, the schools, the military, and geology.
The museum is operated by the Marathon Museum Society, chartered in 1977. Visitors may visit the museum by obtaining a key from the Marathon Public Library (hours Mon-Fri 2-6pm), located next door to the Museum.
On North 3rd Street, next door to the Marathon Public Library
Marathon, TX 79842
BACK TO TOP